My creation for the hop is a layout in green and pink. My favourite embellishment I've incorporated into my layout is "using Shrinky Dinks".
I use Shrinky Dink or Shrink Paper on heaps of my layouts. It's a great way to make the perfect embellishment. Making them is really easy and lots of fun. I purchase my shrink paper off of eBay but some craft stores stock it.
You can print on the rough side of the shrink paper by feeding it through an inkjet printer. You just have to make sure the picture is lightened or it comes out really dark. Alternatively you can stamp straight onto the shiny side of the shrink paper. I use Stazon Ink.
After cutting out the stamped image you can shrink it a couple of ways. You can put it in a hot oven for a couple of minutes or you can heat it with a heat gun.
It will shrivel up to begin with but then as it gets smaller and smaller it begins to flatten out. You can give it that last little flatten, by pushing on it with the back of the wooden stamp while it's still hot or an acrylic stamp block. Be careful......it is still very hot!
As you can see, it shrinks 7 times smaller it's size and 7 times thicker.
I've used 3 of Daniel Torrente designer stamps that I purchased not long ago from Stampotique. The Shrinky Dinks are made from a stamp called "3 in a Round". The background heart stamp is called "Daniel's Hearts" and the wings on the creepy butterfly are called "Lovely Wings". His designs are not for every occasion but every now and then, the right project comes along!
You might like to choose my Shrinky Dink embellishment technique to add to your project for the competition.
Here is what you need to do to be in the prize draw ......
1. Become a follower of Off the Rails Scrapbooking Blog. You can follow the link to it from HERE.
2. Visit all the Design Team's blogs, leave a comment on and become a follower of each one. You can click on the next one below (Felicity Wilson) I've put a list of them below with a link to each one :)
3. Create one LO/Card/Project using 4 of the Design Team's favorite embellishments and in your post, tell us what they are and which Design Team member's favorite it is and upload it to the Off the Rails Blog via the Linkz tool. (I'm Fiona and my favourite embellishment is "Shrinky Dinks")
4. At the very end of your hop, leave us a comment at the Off the Rails Blog, tell us how the hop went for you, let us know what you love best about our challenges and lastly what you would like to see in the future for our challenges and tutorials.
Off the Rails Scrapbooking Blog
2. Narelle Fasulo - Flowers
3. Deena Otway - Buttons
4. Erin Manz Reed - Brads
5. Diana Rivero Gonzalez - Flowers
6. Carol Theng - Chipboard shape
7. Gayle Gordon - Bling
8. Fiona Paltridge - Shrinky Dinks YOU ARE HERE :)
9. Felicity Wislon - Flowers THIS IS WHERE YOU GO NEXT :)
10. Sue Plumb - Doilies
11. Rose Andrew - Tags
12. Jelissa Mei - Chipboard
13. Wendy O'Keeffe - washi tape
13. Catie Kennedy - Twine
REMEMBER, BEFORE YOU LEAVE, YOU NEED TO COMMENT ON MY POST TOO xx. This confirms that you've completed the whole hop as this is part of the criteria to be eligible for the prize at the end.
And speaking of prizes!!!!!!! This is what you could win.
You could win this amazing prize pack from the Graphic 45 collection "By the Sea"
1X 12x12 Paper Pad
1X 8x8 Paper Pad
1X page of Stickers
1X page of Die Cuts and
1X page of Chipboard Pieces
Graphic 45 is an award-winning scrapbook and paper crafting company. We offer vintage inspired crafting products that capture the flamboyant style of the 1920's and 30's - with vibrant color, irresistible texture and imaginative design to create products with decades-old appeal that's both fresh and familiar. Let our products inspire your next scrapbook layout, card, album or home decor project.
The blog hop started March 14th and it will end Midnight on March 21, 2014 US EST. That's only 1 week!!
So get hopping and creating and most of all have fun xx