Well it's December! Where did this year go? No don't even try to answer that, it could take a while!
I realised last week that I have only entered one challenge all year! I have been so busy with Design Team Work and teaching that the months have just passed me by so I decided to go looking for another challenge to do before the year was truly gone and I found the Prima 12 days of Christmas challenge! OMG!
So excited! I chose Sandra Evertson's Relics and Artifacts challenge from the Prima 6th Day of Christmas. I knew exactly what I wanted to create as soon as I saw this challenge.
I had recently purchased some of the Figureheads from Sandra's collection and was waiting for just the right project to pop up for me to use them on and this is it! My Christmas Angel Ornament.
I absolutely love these little casts. I can see me becoming very quickly addicted to using them in everything I do!
And I just love the Prima challenge of having something different to try each day for 12 days. I certainly won't get around to all of them but I had to give day 6 a go!
This is the set that I took the little angel head from. I can see a set of ornaments coming on!
I created the angel's body by twisting different grade wires into a dress shape. I used different gauges from 22 to 16 and a set of wire cutters. I wanted to rust the wire too but it's galvanized so the process would have taken too long and I was really keen to get it started.
So at the end I added some Tim Holt'z Distress Embossing powders. I find these have a great gritty and rusted patina look to them.
I gave the little figure head a quick brush over with a mixture of white and the slightest touch of sienna just to take the starkness off of it. In other words it looked too clean for my liking LOL!
I hung a little heart of jewels (a bottle of glitter and beads) in the centre of her dress to add some interest to the piece. I used Finnabair micro beads for this.
I also added some "rags" of cheese cloth to complete her dress. Also coloured slightly in Sienna to represent rusting.
I also added some twine and string to her dress as well as some white Prima Wire Thread which I also used to make her wings with.
A washer and a little "Noel": sticker finished off her adornments.